Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Boxes and Butterflies

It's been a fun week so far... making boxes!
I really like making 3D projects, and some of these cute little boxes are soooo easy to make!
I think they would make awesome party bags for kids birthday parties, or just for that little gift of chocolate to make a friend's day better :) (Not quite big enough for a bottle of vodka, sorry!)


I found a simple tutorial for the above flat fold box here. It is pretty nifty because it can open up and fold flat, which is not so good for the holding of treats but very handy for transport or posting :)

This butterfly box is a 2468 box. There are *heaps* of tutorials for this one around. It's basically a 5.5" x 8.5" piece of card scored at 2", 4", 6" & 8" down the short side and 2" along the longer side. Trim at each score line along to the 2" line so you end up with 4 square flaps. Then you simply fold along the score lines, glue the bottom flaps on top of each other and glue the join together.
Simple, right? (I'm betting most people are sitting with a confused expression saying "huh?")
Ok, so I'm not gifted in the written explanation department.. give me time! I'll get better, I promise! Maybe it would be clearer with some pics...






































































So there you have it. That clears everything up. Maybe, hopefully, sort of. If it doesn't, feel free to let me know and give me some pointers on how it could be made clearer. I take constructive criticism very well.. really, I do :)



No comments:

Post a Comment